In our first episode of 2020, Jackie’s joined by guest co-host (from our own Forty Thrive community), Bonnie Frank.
Bonnie is a former teacher and college professor, turned entrepreneur, who started her online coaching and consulting business from scratch at 49.
Check out Bonnie’s podcast, Business Fabulous, wherever you listen to podcasts.
In this episode:
- How to make a career pivot
- The importance of knowing your learning style so you can continue to be a lifelong learner
- Where to find (and not find) support
- How women over 40 are getting in our own way
- How to monetize your own gifts and talents
- How to use S.M.A.R.T. goals to achieve what you want
- How to start a business without going into debt
Mentioned in this episode:
Howard Gardner on Multiple intelligences
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
Nominate yourself to be Forty Thrive’s THRIVER of the WEEK!
Ilyce Glink is an award-winning financial journalist, television and radio personality, syndicated columnist, and the founder of four Chicago-based companies. Her latest company is Best Money Moves, a cloud-based, mobile-first platform that employers give to their employees use to measure and dial down financial stress, lowering turnover and absenteeism while fostering engagement, productivity, and better health outcomes.
Click here to download…
In this episode, Ilyce shares her financial experience and insight to help us:
• Raise kids with positive attitudes around money
• Catch up (financially and in the work force)
• Understand life insurance: Getting the right type of plan and the appropriate amount of coverage
• Plus, how to get the most protection when we need it by “laddering” life insurance
• Tap into networking opportunities we haven’t thought of
• Get in front of the right decision makers to pivot and grow our careers
Ilyce’s financial journalism work appears on CBSNews.com and dozens of newspapers, including the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and the Chicago Tribune. Her corporate clients include everything from Fortune 1000 companies to start-ups, and she has written more than a dozen books on money and real estate, with nearly one million books in print.
Some of Ilyce’s (many) books:
50 Simple Steps You Can Take To Improve Your Personal Finances: How to Spend Less, Save More, and Make the Most of What You Have
50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster-Proof Your Finances: How to Plan Ahead to Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones and Survive Any Crisis
100 Questions You Should Ask About Your Personal Finances: And The Answers You Need to Help You Save, Invest, and Grow Your Money
100 Questions Every Home Seller Should Ask: With Answers from the Top Brokers from Around the Country
100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask: With Answers from Top Brokers from Around the Country